Friday, November 05, 2004

GROW

From PC Magazine:

"Grow is probably the strangest, albeit most intriguing, game we've seen. Just start dragging the assorted materials (everything but the kitchen sink) into the red circle at the center and watch it grow. The object, as it becomes clear, is to add the materials in the correct order. This game can be won, but you'll need a lot of downtime at work to do so."

GROW

I played with it for a while last night... Very intriguing, to say the least. I finally did indeed win (it didn't take *that* long).

2 comments:

JimC said...

It doesn't take that long to play a game actually, but you will notice that certain objects depend on others. For example - the "pipe" thing will eventually spit out bubbles. If you have the mountains there, the bubbles form clouds over the mountains - if not, the bubbles drift away (bad). The clouds eventually turn into rain. The antenna-thing eventually sprouts a sun, which dries up the rain, forming a lake around the bubble-pipe, which eventually sprouts a flower. Get it? Sounds kinda crazy, but I thought it was fun. Then again, I am a nerd... ;-)

JimC said...

But it only took me about 45 minutes, and it was after the kidlets were in bed (while Leah was watching ER which I hate)... :-) I don't see any reason why not to give the address to kids. Harmless enough.