Thursday, December 02, 2004

Apple Launches ITunes Music Store in Canada (now with more updates!)

Cool! Might have to spend a few bucks sometime soon on some tunes...

Yahoo! News - Apple Launches ITunes Music Store in Canada

UPDATE - bought my first song from iTunes Canada today... Great way to get indivual songs you like without spending the $$ for the whole album... Now I'll have to try moving the purchased track over to my home PC and burning a CD. Muahahaha...

UPDATE #2 - So after purchasing my first song, I emailed it to my home PC and was able to 'authorize' that PC to play the song (you can authorize up to 5 pc's to play the song). I haven't seen the purchase yet on my visa bill, but it looks like the $0.99 included tax... At only $9.99 for a complete album (regardless of if it has > 10 tracks) and the ability to burn a CD using iTunes, I may never buy another CD again... A - cheaper. B - never need to worry about losing the CD since you have the "originals" to burn it again. Now if they ever make an iPod integrated car dock/stereo...

I can see how buying songs can easily become addictive when it is so easy (and you don't notice the charges right away). For a cheaper solution, there is AllOfMP3, but I am too chicken to give my Visa number to some russian website.

No comments: